Updated November 10, 2006
The Gosse's are my husband's family, but I have started their family
history as well. My father-in-law is a Gosse and he married a Tilley.
His father BERTRAM GOSSE married LILLIAN PARSONS and they
had one son, Aubrey. Bertram's parents were MOSES GOSSE and ELIZABETH
JANES. Their children were:
1) WILLIAM: born August 26, 1899 on Horse Cove Line (now St. Thomas Line in Paradise) and batized on September 10, 1899. He married SUSANNA J ? and died on May 18, 1961. He was buried in May of 1961 in Paradise, Newfoundland.
2) RICHARD: born September 22, 1901 in Paradise, Newfoundland. He was baptized on October 13, 1901.
3) MOSES: born June 6, 1903 in Paradise and was baptized on June 10, 1903. He married ANNIE PARSONS on February 5, 1931 in Topsail, Newfoundland.
4) LENORA: born in August of 1909 in Paradise. She marreid LIONEL SQUIRES on February 10, 1934.
5) BERTRAM: born January 14, 1910. He married LILLIAN PARSONS on July 15, 1936 in Topsail and died on March 17, 1999. He was buried on March 20, 1999 in Paradise.
6) EDITH: born September 1911 in Paradise. She married WILLIAM TRICCO on August 4, 1936 in Topsail, Newfoundland.
7) SARAH: born July 1914. She married JOSIAH DROVER on October 24, 1931 in Topsail, Newfoundland.
8) MARTIN: born February 1913. He married MARJORIE ? and died in 1997. He is buried in Paradise, Newfoundland.
9) CHARLES: born March 1916 in Paradise, Newfoundland. He married MARY CRAMP on November 30, 1937 in Topsail, Newfoundland.
10) EFFIE: born August 30, 1917 and died July 17, 1998. She is buried in the Paradise, Newfoundland.
11) VIOLET: born on August 25, 1905 and baptized on August 27, 1905. She had a twin sister
12) ANNIE: Annie was born and baptized on the same days as Violet.