My first Steele ancestor is ROSEANNA STEELE. She was the second wife of MATTHEW IVANY. Their children can be found on the Ivany page.
Roseanna's parents were JOHN STEELE of Fontmell, Dorset and ZIPPORAH CARBERRY of Burgoyne's Cove, however the 1935 census states she was from Bonaventure. This couple married on August 13, 1862 in Ireland's Eye. Their children were:
1) ELIAS: born on August 6, 1866 in Burgoyne's Cove and baptized two days later by Henry Petley. In the 1935 census, no wife is mentioned.
2) THOMAS: born approximately 1867. He married PHOEBE PITTMAN of Deer Harbour.
3) JOSEPH: born on January 18, 1868 in Burgoyne's Cove and was baptized on September 8, 1869. He married ELIZABETH PITTMAN on December 16, 1896 in Britannia Cove.
4) ELIZABETH: born in 1871.
5) CHARLES: born in 1874. There is no mention of a wife in the 1935 census.
6) ROSEANNA: born on May 18, 1862 in Burgoyne's Cove and baptized on August 13, 1862. She married MATTHEW IVANY (see above) in 1898.
10) PROVIDENCE: she married GEORGE COISH in Britannia Cove on December 6, 1878. She had two sons, FREDRICK and WELDON and a daughter SELINA.
11) GRACE: born on May 13, 1880 in Burgoyne's Cove and was baptized on March 7, 1881.
12) PATIENCE: born on June 12, 1885 in Burgoyne's Cove, and was baptized on June 18, 1888. She married GEORGE BAILEY in Trinity.